Links & Resources For Parents
CFPB, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Information to U.S. citizens with student loan or other consumer debt concerns and includes a complaint filing process
College Portrait - Accountability data on institutional performance; sponsored by the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges and by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities
CollegeUp.org - Offers practical advice and resources to help you with FAFSA completion and paying for college
Degree Search.org - A database of every school and program in the United States
FastWeb - Registration required; search for colleges, scholarships, jobs, and internships
- Loan Discount Analyzer - Help for calculating how special rate offers would actually impact your loan
Imagine America Foundation - Scholarships and financial aid for education; sector research and faculty training; honors achievement in career education. Also supports and promotes the benefits of career colleges to the general public.
Journey to College (MDHE's Facebook page) - Information on planning and paying for college made fun with videos, cartoons, and other visuals
Mapping Your Future - A guided tour for parents planning for a child's education
Missouri Connections - Open the door for career awareness and exploration, search and compare colleges, prepare for transition to postsecondary education and the world of work. Students (grades 7-16), parents, guidance counselors, and educators can use the online system at no charge.
Missouri events for students and parents - Search for college fairs and free workshops on the topic "Planning and Paying for College"
MOST - Information on Missouri's 529 College Education plan for easy college saving
Nelnet - Information for planning and financing education along with planning careers
Online Degree Navigator - Rates and compares online and on-campus college and university degrees
Sallie Mae sites and online tools
Scholarship Experts - Site registration required; free scholarship searches
StudentAid.gov - Provides questions and answers for students, parents, teachers, and administrators from the U.S. Department of Education
- College Navigator - Allows prospective students to see and compare profiles of colleges and universities across the nation
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Allows students and parents to fill out the FAFSA with step-by-step instructions
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) - Allows you to check your student loan and financial aid records; you will need your FAFSA PIN to access your NSLDS records
- Net Price Calculator resource page
- Students.gov - Provides students and parents with easy to access information and resources from the U.S. government regarding higher education
Student Loan Counseling Services (SLCS) - Stay out of default and successfully repay your student loans
THE MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION (MDHE) HAS NO CONTROL OVER OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIAL ON OTHER WEBSITES ACCESSED BY HYPERTEXT LINKS FROM THIS SITE. HYPERTEXT LINKS ARE PROVIDED ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE TO USERS OF THIS SITE. MDHE DOES NOT VERIFY THE INFORMATION ON LINKED SITES AND DOES NOT ENDORSE THESE SITES OR THEIR SOURCE.