Overview of Revised Legislation
HB 1042 was signed into law on June 7, 2012. Portions of the law went into effect on August 28, 2012 while the remaining sections await the outcome of the rulemaking process. The rule changes will become effective February 28, 2013.
The revised statutes:
- allow a proprietary school that meets certain eligibility requirements to apply for a two-year certificate of approval
- increase the fee for an annual certificate of approval to a minimum of $500 and a maximum of $5,000 per school
- allow the department to establish additional fees through administrative rule to generate sufficient funding to cover the costs associated with the Proprietary School Certification Program
- require the department to review new program proposals within 90 days and program changes within 60 days after submission
- increase the maximum security deposit amount from $25,000 to $100,000
Legislation and Rules Webinar
The Proprietary School Certification Program held a webinar to provide additional details regarding the revised legislation and solicit feedback for the draft rules.
To view the webinar, click on the following link: http://stateofmo.adobeconnect.com/p4u2yt5g372/