Want to order publications?
The Missouri Department of Higher Education publishes a variety of free publications to help students prepare for postsecondary education, select a school and certificate or degree program, develop a financial plan and make wise spending choices, minimize student loan debt and learn about other financial literacy topics. Questions about publications or the status of a publication order may be directed to [email protected].
Publications available to order free of charge include:
- College Portfolio- An expandable storage portfolio with tabs that allows students to organize college admissions and financial aid documents in one place. New version now available!
- It's Never Too Early pre-order - A guide to planning for college from kindergarten to senior year. New version available summer 2016!
- Journey to College Online Resources leaflet - An 8.5" by 3.75" front-and-back leaflet highlighting electronic resources from the Missouri Department of Higher Education most useful to students and families when planning and paying for college.
- Planning for Financial Success 2016-17 version - A handy calendar covering the 2016-17 academic year. This piece is intended for both high school seniors and college students and provides financial literacy and money management tips to help guide them through the year.
- Journey to College Senior Year Checklist magnet - Newly updated! A 10" by 4" magnet for high school seniors, featuring a monthly calendar of tasks for applying to and preparing for college.
- Smart About Spending Student Workbook - Covers all four competencies outlined in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s curriculum for personal finance.
- Smart About Spending Teacher's Guide - This guide was created to be used in conjunction with the Smart About Spending student materials. Lesson plans, activities, worksheets, and assessments are included to help Missouri's personal finance teachers assist their students in making sound financial decisions throughout high school and beyond.
- The Smart Approach to Campuswide Retention and Default Prevention Efforts- This pamphlet was created for administrators and staff currently employed at Missouri institutions and colleges to assist with developing and promoting more cohesive retention and default prevention plans.
- The Missouri Source Pre-order August 2016 version - A comprehensive guide for Missouri students in search of federal and state grants, scholarships, loans, and assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Pre-order now for late summer or early fall delivery.