Want to order publications?
The Missouri Department of Higher Education publishes a variety of free publications to help students prepare for postsecondary education, select a school and certificate or degree program, develop a financial plan and make wise spending choices, minimize student loan debt and learn about other financial literacy topics. Questions about publications or the status of a publication order may be directed to [email protected].
Publications available to order free of charge include:
- College Portfolio - An expandable storage portfolio with tabs that allows students to organize college admissions and financial aid documents in one place.
- It's Never Too Early - A brochure about planning for college geared toward middle school students and their parents.
- Journey to College Online Resources leaflet temporarily out of stock - A leaflet highlighting electronic resources from the Missouri Department of Higher Education most useful to students and families when planning and paying for college.
- Journey to College 3-step leaflet - New for the 2016-17 academic year. A leaflet that promotes student participation in the Journey to College programs (Apply Missouri, FAFSA Frenzy, Decision Day).
- Journey to College Senior Year Checklist magnet - A 10" by 4" magnet for high school seniors, featuring a monthly calendar of tasks for applying to and preparing for college.
- Planning for Financial Success - A booklet for high school seniors and college students that provides financial literacy and money management tips to help guide them through the year. Includes a calendar for the 2016-17 academic year.
- Smart About Spending Student Workbook - A workbook that covers all four competencies outlined in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s curriculum for personal finance.
- Smart About Spending Teacher's Guide - A guide to be used in conjunction with the Smart About Spending student materials. Lesson plans, activities, worksheets, and assessments are included to assist Missouri's personal finance teachers with teaching students about making sound financial decisions throughout high school and beyond.
- The Smart Approach to Campuswide Retention and Default Prevention Efforts - A pamphlet for administrators and staff currently employed at Missouri higher education institutions to assist with developing and promoting more cohesive retention and default prevention plans.
- The Missouri Source August 2016 version - A guide for Missouri students about planning and paying for college, including information about federal and state grants, scholarships, loans, and assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.