Want to order publications?
Do you work with high school or postsecondary students on a regular basis? If so, the MDHE has a variety of FREE publications to help you provide important information about how to prepare for postsecondary education, how to select a school or program, how to develop a financial plan and make wise spending choices, and ways to minimize your student loan debt and other financial literacy topics.
Publications available to order free of charge include:
- College Portfolio - An expandable, tabbed portfolio that allows students to organize college and financial aid documents in one place.
- Journey to College test survival kits - Packed with information specifically for high school students who are planning to attend college. Includes various brochures from the MDHE and the U.S. Department of Education as well as items for students to use during ACT, SAT or GED testing, such as a #2 pencil.
- Never Too Early Print version out of stock - A guide to planning for college from kindergarten to senior year.
- Online MDHE Print version out of stock - An 8.5" by 3.75" front-and-back leaflet providing an overview of the MDHE's electronic resources most useful to students and families planning and paying for college.
- Planning for Financial SuccessPrint version for 2014-2015 out of stock - A handy calendar covering the 2014-2015 academic year. This piece is intended for both high school and college students and provides financial literacy and money management tips to help guide them through the year; includes stickers to help customize the calendar with school deadlines: institutional aid, entrance and exit counseling, add and drop periods, school payment due dates, etc.
- Preparing for College magnets - A 7x4 inch magnet for high school seniors, featuring a monthly calendar of tasks for apply to and preparing for college.
- Smart About Spending - A three-ring binder, equipped with color-coded materials that cover all four competencies outlined in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s curriculum for personal finance.
- Smart About Spending Teacher's Guide - This guide was created to be used in conjunction with the Smart About Spending student materials. Lesson plans, activities, worksheets, and assessments are included to help Missouri's personal finance teachers assist their students in making sound financial decisions throughout high school and beyond.
- “The Smart Approach to Campuswide Retention and Default Prevention Efforts” - This pamphlet was created for administrators and staff currently employed at Missouri institutions and colleges to assist with developing and promoting more cohesive retention and default prevention plans.
- The Source August 2014 version now available! - A comprehensive guide designed to serve as the premier go-to resource for students in search of federal and state grants, scholarships, loans, and assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Financial Assistance.
Visit the MDHE Publications Order Form to order our publications.