Keys to Student Success Summit
Register now for the free Keys to Student Success Summit to be held Friday, April 12, 2019, from 10:00 to 4:00, in Jefferson City.
The summit features keynote speakers, breakout sessions, and interactive discussions that address college students' academic, financial, and personal success. Attendees will receive a free book from The Money Coach, as well as a catered lunch and snacks.
Who should come?
High school counselors, financial aid professionals, student success personnel, and peer counselors are invited to attend.
- Zora Mulligan, Commissioner of Higher Education
Breakout sessions: (You will attend two of the three breakout sessions. Choose your sessions upon registration.)
- Learn about statewide academic initiatives and online resources seeking to reduce time to degree completion and seamless transfer. Topics include Math Pathways, CORE 42, redesigned College and Degree Search, and the new Course Transfer Tracker.
- Learn the basics and tips for filing the FAFSA, reading and understanding Financial Aid Award Letters, and ideas on promoting financial literacy among your students.
- Personal Success
- Student success is often dependent on circumstances outside the classroom. Learn new ideas and best practices for supporting students during challenging times.
Panel discussion with Peer Counselors:
- Students helping students become successful - hear from peer counselors participating in the Missouri Department of Higher Education's Peer Counselor Pilot Program.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-473-6757.