Advanced Placement Incentive Grant
The Advanced Placement Incentive Grant is a nonrenewable grant designed to encourage high school students to take and score well on Advanced Placement tests in mathematics and science.
Listen to one student's story about receiving the Advanced Placement Incentive Grant:
Am I eligible?To be eligible for the grant you must meet the following requirements:
- Achieve two grades of three or higher on Advanced Placement exams in the fields of math and/or science while attending a Missouri public high school. Qualifying Advance Placement exams in the fields of math or science include Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics B, Physics C, Physics 1, Physics 2 and Statistics.
- Receive an award under the Access Missouri Student Financial Assistance Program or the A+ Scholarship Program in the academic year in which the Advanced Placement Incentive Grant is awarded. Students who are eligible for the Access Missouri or A+ Scholarship programs but have a calculated award amount of zero are eligible for the Advanced Placement Incentive Grant.
- Submit a complete application for the Advanced Placement Incentive Grant.
How much can I receive?
Eligible students will receive a one-time grant of $500, subject to appropriations.
How can I apply?
Complete and submit an Advanced Placement Incentive Grant application by June 1, 2018 for the 2017-2018 academic year. Return the completed application to: Missouri Department of Higher Education, Attn: Advanced Placement Incentive Grant, P.O. Box 1469, Jefferson City, MO 65102-1469. To be considered complete, the application must include the following.
- The postsecondary school you are attending must certify you have received an Access Missouri or A+ Scholarship award in the academic year for which you are applying, or are eligible for either one of these programs with a calculated award amount of zero.
- You must attach a copy of the Advanced Placement Score Report from The College Board to your application documenting your advanced placement exam scores. If you do not have a copy of this report, you should contact your high school or the College Board for assistance.
How will I know if I am eligible?
Eligible students submitting a completed application will receive notification from the MDHE of the award. It is important to note that the MDHE does not provide notice to students of eligibility for the Access Missouri Financial Assistance Program or the A+ Scholarship Program. You may contact the MDHE at (800) 473-6757, option 4, for information about eligibility for these programs.
How will I receive my award?
The MDHE will transfer your award directly to your postsecondary school on your behalf. The school will apply the award to any educational-related expenses on your account and will deliver any remaining funds directly to you, if applicable.