Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant
The Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant is a proposed new financial aid program that addresses workforce needs by encouraging adults to pursue a certificate, degree, or industry-recognized credential in an area designated as high need.
- Fast Track will put Missouri among the leading states that are serious about serving adults and opens doors for an entire segment of the population to get training and participate meaningfully in the workforce.
- This will help meet Missouri’s Big Goal of 60 percent of working-age adults having a high quality certificate or degree by 2025.
- Creating Fast Track will require a statutory change. Legislation has been introduced in the House and Senate: Senate Bill 16 (Sen. Romine), House Bill 225 (Rep. Swan)
*Proposed Eligibility Requirements:
- Fields of study must be designated as preparing students to enter an area of workforce shortage by the Coordinating Board for Higher Education.
- Individuals who are 25 or older and who have not been enrolled in postsecondary education within the last two years can participate.
- The program will serve students who have not yet earned a bachelor's degree.
*The eligibility requirements may change as the bills move through the General Assembly.