ITT Educational Services, Inc. is the parent corporation of institutions formerly operating under the name of ITT Technical Institute. ITT operated four locations in Missouri: Arnold, Earth City, Kansas City, and Springfield. ITT notified the Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) on September 6, 2016, the school was closing its campuses.  The company filed bankruptcy on September 16, 2016.


The US Department of Education (USDE) has provided an information page, including free webinars, to address students’ questions and concerns at


Students who attended ITT after 2001 may request a copy of your official transcript.

You may also be able to obtain your records and other key contact information at This site will house links to request your transcript, education verification, and other information. 

The MDHE was advised that, prior to filing bankruptcy, ITT provided the digital credentialing service Parchment with electronic copies of transcripts for most students who attended an ITT campus after 2001.  Other records were retained in hard copy at each campus or at a campus-rented stoarge facility.


The bankruptcy trustee laid claim to all hard copy files at all campuses and storage facilities.  As a consequence, the MDHE will not have access to those records until the conclusion of the bankruptcy process.  We will update this page with contact information to obtain a transcript when the information becomes available.


You should be aware if you transfer credit to the same or substantially similar program at another institution you may not qualify for discharge of your federal student loan. Please work with your new school and federal loan servicer to clarify your eligibility.

ITT indicated it entered into transfer articulation agreements with the following schools:

You may contact these schools for information about which courses and/or programs are included in the articulation agreement.

The decision to accept transfer credits is up to the receiving institution.

ITT compiled a list of schools that offer similar programs of study, as well as some institutions offering similar programs online, which you may want to contact to discuss your credit transfer options. Click here to review a list of schools with programs of study similar to those offered by your campus, as well as some institutions offering similar programs online. Please note that the institutions included in this list have not determined that your credits will transfer.  The list is designed solely to assist you in exploring options to continue your education.

The following schools have contacted the MDHE indicating their willingness to work with displaced ITT Tech students:

CALC Institute of Technology -

Herzing University -

Jefferson College  -

National American University -

Ozarks Technical Community College -

Premier Knowledge Solutions -

St. Charles Community College  -

St. Louis Community College -

Stevens - The Institute of Business and Arts -

Vatterott College -


If your program is in a licensure field such as nursing or accounting, please verify your new school meets minimum standards as deemed by the appropriate licensing boards. Visit for additional information.


It may be possible for you to discharge your federal student loans and not have to repay them under certain circumstances. For more information about this, please click here to learn more about discharging your federal student loans.

We strongly urge students and parents NOT to pay for any services like loan forgiveness or loan discharge that the Department of Education provides for free. Please visit for more information.


For additional information on student financial aid and other options available, please also see information provided by the U.S. Department of Education available by clicking here and here



If you are a Veteran, you will no longer receive GI Bill benefits, including the monthly housing allowance, for any future classes at ITT. If you received a book stipend for an upcoming ITT course, please be aware you may be required to return those funds. Finally, the Veterans Administration does not have the legal authority to restore any GI Bill benefits used to attend ITT.


For additional information on GI Bill benefits, please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Education Call Center at 1-888-442-4551 or visit the GI Bill website.


If the links do not give adequate information, please call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) for assistance.



Schools certified to operate in Missouri are required to maintain a security deposit. The deposit is to provide at least partial restitution to students if adequate provisions are not made by the school upon closure. As ITT did not have an approved teach out plan in place prior to closure, the school may be required to forfeit its security deposit for its Missouri campuses.

Cash / self-pay students who were enrolled in an ITT-Technical Institute campus in Missouri (Arnold, Earth City, Kansas City, or Springfield) as of the date of closure, or who were on an authorized Leave of Absence (must have documented approval for LOA), may be eligible for reimbursement of a portion of the tuition and fees paid.

For students that received federal student aid, the department cannot reimburse you for any loans that are forgiven or for federal grants you received, such as the Pell grant. However, you may be eligible for reimbursement for direct costs you paid in addition to these items.

Please retain all records of payment including, but not limited to, the enrollment agreement, receipts, credit card statements, cancelled checks, money orders, etc. Students must be able to verify payment to ITT in order to be considered for reimbursement.

Please use this form to submit your contact information and estimate of direct costs for tuition and fees. After downloading, please save the document to your computer and, if prompted, enable macros and editing. Complete the form and click the SUBMIT button. The MDHE will contact you at this address when we are ready to accept copies of your documentation.

If the macro will not allow you to submit the form, please save to your computer and email the document to [email protected]  You may also fax the form to the department at (573) 751-6635.