The Department is providing schools the option to apply for a two-year certificate of approval to operate. The following list summarizes the minimum requirements for biennial certification. For more detailed information, review the related program regulations or contact us by using the recertification information request form.
- Be continuously certified to operate in Missouri without lapse, suspension, or revocation for a period of no less than five years
- Maintain an instructional location in Missouri
- Be accredited by a USDE recognized accrediting agency with no current or pending negative actions
- Meet the standards of financial responsibility established by the USDE (if participating in Title IV)
- Have no unresolved findings from the school's most recent MDHE site visit
- Have not been placed in a probationary status by the MDHE within the previous five years
- Have no formal grievance in the last five years that was deemed to be a violation of certification standards
- Maintain an official three-year cohort default rate of no more than 25.0%
If you believe your institution meets these criteria and you are interested in seeking a two-year certificate of approval to operate, please contact us to discuss the recertification application requirements.