High School Graduates Report
The Missouri High School Graduates Performance Report is prepared by the Department of Higher Education as a strategic resource for linking high school performance to college success. For colleges and universities, the report provides data to identify high school graduates who meet the institution's admission requirements. For high schools, the report can be used as a guidance and counseling tool to assess how well their graduates are prepared for the college of their choice
The report tracks Missouri public high school graduates entering the state's public two- and four-year postsecondary institutions as first-time freshmen in the fall semester following high school graduation.
In accordance with Section 173.750, RsMO, the Missouri High School Graduates Performance Report provides information to individual high schools, and is disaggregated by race and gender. No data identifying individual students is included. The governing statute is available in its entirety at http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c100-199/1730000750.htm. The report includes:
- Grade point average after the initial year in college
- Percent of students returning to college after the first and second semester
- Percent of students taking remedial courses in the basic academic subjects of English, mathematics, or reading
- Other data as determined by rule and regulation of the Coordinating Board for Higher Education
Currently, data comprising the report is drawn solely from student data provided annually by in-state public colleges and universities; no data is currently included in the report from either the state's private institutions, or by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), although additional collaborative analyses are currently underway.
DHE staff have integrated all past annual reports into a longitudinal data file that will enable high schools to track and compare their graduate cohorts' college performance across the state's public higher education system. There are three tables in the integrated data file:
- Table 1 provides information on gender and ethnicity as well as ACT scores and college-level remediation. (updated 03-10-2015)
- Table 2 reports first-year college performance in terms of GPAs and retention rates. (updated 03-10-2015)
- Table 3 tracks degree completion within a six-year period. (updated 03-10-2015)
All these tables are listed by city and high school buildings. For the purpose of protecting individual privacy, no statistics are reported in cases involving fewer than 5 students.